Welcome to Nat Q. Henderson, "Home of the Hornets," where all students can and will learn.
Benefits of attending our school include:
- 100% of our students eat breakfast free
- 99.14% of all students are on free or reduced lunch
- Title I interventions for students before school, during the school day and after school for struggling children
- We service special need children
- Full day three year old pre-kindergarten program
- Full day four year old pre-kindergarten program
- Twenty 21st Century after school program (From 3:30 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday)
- Enrichment Programs
We invite you to visit our school in the Fifth Ward Community anytime.
- Pre-Kindergarten must be 4 years old on or before September 1
- Kindergarten must be 5 years old on or before September 1
- Legal Birth Certificate or Birth Facts (must be original, no copies)
- Current Immunization Record with all immunizations up to date
- Driver’s License or Valid Picture Identification
- Proof of address (rent receipt, lease agreement, electric bill or other utility bills (NO TELEPHONE BILLS)
- Social Security Card
To be eligible to enroll a student, a person must be the parent or legal guardian of the student or must have a notarized written confirmation from the parent/guardian giving that person permission to enroll.
Our mission is to develop and implement a curriculum
that is both challenging and diverse for all students
and will fosterself-esteem, respect for others, and
the qualities of productive citizens.