Starting November 1, 2014, applications will be accepted online.
Students may apply to 10 Magnet programs with no more than 5 Vanguard selections.
HOW TO APPLY ONLINE
- Create an account
- Agree to Requirements & Policies
- Complete Student Information
- Complete Family Information
- Complete Sibling Information (if applicable)
- Recommendations (if applicable)
- Review and Send (Application will not be processed unti you select "Submit my Application")
USING A PAPER APPLICATION
- Obtain application at HoustonISD.org/magnet or by visiting any HISD school
- Complete in INK and be sure to include all requested information
- Submit to each school you are applying to along with any requested
STEP 1: GATHER REQUIRED DOCUMENTS
For students who are not new to HISD, there will normally be no required documents to submit. However, for students new to HISD or for those missing documents, there are several options this year for submitting documents.
STEP 2: DELIVER REQUIRED DOCUEMENTS (YOU HAVE SEVERAL OPTIONS)
- Upload required documents directly from online application system (must be leligle)
- Mail or deliver copies of the documents to the Office of School Choice at: 4400 W. 18th Street, Houston, TX 77092-8501
- Mail or deliver copies of the documents to each school you are applying to.
STEP 3: MONITOR YOUR ACCOUNT AND FOLLOW UP
If you have applied online, make sure to monitor your account and the email address that you provided when you created your account.
If you submitted a paper application, call the schools to which you have applied to see if there are any additional steps that are required.
STEP 4: ACCEPTING A MAGNET SPACE
If you are accepted into a program and wish to accept your place, at least one parent/guardian must visit the desired school and sign an entrance agreement. Parent/guardian must bring all required documents (proof or residence and proof of age if entering PK or K). NOTE: Failure to deliver all required documents or providing incorrect information by April 10, 2015 will mean that you are no longer guaranteed a place at that school.
QUESTIONS? WE ARE HERE TO HELP