Safety is a number one priority here at McNamara Elementary. Not only are we dedicated to our student’s safety, but to the safety of our parents and the community as well. It has been brought to our attention that there are a few traffic/parking issues that we are experiencing during arrival and dismissal time. These traffic/parking issues are not only a safety hazard but may result in a fine/traffic ticket. Parents, we are asking for your assistance and cooperation in getting these matters resolved by adhering to the following:
- When picking up/dropping off students, do not double park your vehicle on the street. This prevents traffic and emergency vehicles from being able to pass.
- Park your vehicle in the right direction. Park facing the flow of traffic on that side of the street.
- U-turns are not permitted.
- Do not park in front of the neighbor’s homes. If you must park, please park on the school side of the street (do not park on the side of the street where there are orange cones).
- Do not pull into the driveways. If you need to go back in the opposite direction after picking up your child, please circle the block to come back up McAvoy Dr.
- No parking in front of the school between the hours of 7:00 a.m. - 9:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. If your car is parked in front of the school during these hours, the police officers may have your vehicle towed.
- Do not drive on the wrong side of the street.
- Do not block intersections.
- All children under 9 years of age or less than 4ft. 9 in. must be in a car seat.
- All children must be buckled in a seat belt until the vehicle has come to a complete stop for drop-off.
If these precautions and all traffic laws are observed and followed, the safety of everyone is maximized. Our primary goal is safety for our students, parents, and the community. Also, please be advised that if any of these traffic laws are violated, you may be ticketed by the Houston Police Department. We would like to thank you in advance for your cooperation in making our campus as safe as possible for our boys and girls during high traffic times.