Parent-Student-School Compact (2012-2013)
A child’s success depends on a strong, committed partnership between school and home.
As a parent, I will show by my actions that education is important.
· Have my PK child at school ready to learn by 7:30 am.
· Have my Kinder -5th grade child at school ready to learn by 7:45am.
· Provide accurate emergency phone numbers.
· Read to my child or listen to him/her read for 15 minutes each night.
· Make sure my child does his/her homework every evening.
· Provide quiet time and space for my child’s studying and reading.
· Communicate regularly with my child’s teacher.
· Talk with my child about his/her day at school.
· Encourage my child to have an exciting and successful school year.
As a school,
· Provide family educational activities, including parent meetings, workshops, and family learning nights.
· Provide a mid-nine weeks progress report.
· Assign homework every evening.
· Distribute a monthly school newsletter.
· Encourage reading through classroom and school libraries, Scholastic News, Weekly Reader, and home readers or library books.
· Provide notice of parent meetings in advance so all parents can arrange to attend.
As a student,
· Attend school regularly.
· Conform to classroom and school rules.
· Come to school with supplies ready to participate and learn.
· Complete and return homework assignments.