Parking around Bellaire is always problematic. HISD and Bellaire Police recommend that students and parents read and obey all signs accordingly, as the Bellaire Police do have cars towed regularly.
• Limited visitor parking is located on Maple Street.
• Handicapped parking spaces are located on Maple Street.
• The school bus zone on Rice (beginning at the corner of South Rice and Maple and ending at the faculty/staff parking lot on South Rice) has available parking from 9:00 A.M. to 2:00 P.M., Monday through Friday
• Parking on side streets near Bellaire is by permit only; please observe all posted signs. Otherwise, the vehicle may be towed. Parking may be available before 8:00 A.M., between 9 A.M. and 1P.M., and after 2 P.M
PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED PARKING:
• Parking is prohibited in all areas where the curb is painted yellow or red.
• The main parking lot, the service area and the parking spaces behind the shop wing are reserved for faculty and school employees. Only vehicles displaying an official parking permit are permitted in the faculty parking areas.
• Students MAY NOT park in the circle on Maple, in the reserved parking area on Maple, or in the visitors’ parking area on South Rice.
• Parking is usually prohibited on the side streets from 8:00 – 9:00 a.m. and from 1:00 – 2:00 p.m. The police do not hesitate to tow.
• The senior parking lot is not available for visitors, as students pay a fee per car to park in this location
• Students are not allowed in the parking areas or in parked cars during school hours.
• Students who park on the side streets must abide by the City of Bellaire parking regulations. Cars illegally parked or in violation of regulations are towed at the owner’s expense.
• When parking on adjacent streets, students must not block driveways and must respect the home property of the Bellaire High neighbors—no litter, no loud music, no fast or reckless driving on the neighborhood streets
• Student Parking Lot on the west end of the athletic field is open only to seniors with official permits.
-Seniors secure a parking space through a lottery. To participate in the lottery, seniors will need to show driver’s
license, car title, and proof of insurance to Mr. Monzon’s clerk. Also, each candidate’s attendance record for prior
school year will be checked. Students with excessive absences may not be permitted to participate.
- The parking fee for students who win the lottery is $75.00/year.
– The car must display an official permit.
– Cars without a permit will be towed from the senior parking lot.
TOWING FEES AND INFORMATION:
• No wrecker driver may charge over the standard price approved by the City of Bellaire.
• This fee also applies to towing within the student parking lot.
• The contact number of the towing company for cars towed from the Senior Parking Lot or any other on-campus location will be posted outside of Mr. Monzon ’s office.
• The City of Bellaire tows from all locations not on school property. Their contact number is 713-668-0487.
Questions about Parking Regulations and Towing may be directed to Mr. Monzon, 713-295-3704, email@example.com