A child cannot be at school with any of the following:
· Fever of 100 degrees or higher. Students must be fever free for 24 hours without the use of a fever reducing medication before returning to school.
· Vomiting or diarrhea – Must be free of symptoms for 24 hours
· Any communicable diseases
· Contagious or undiagnosed rash
Head lice – A child is excluded from school if live lice are found until treated with an appropriate medicated shampoo. Upon returning to school, they must come to the clinic for a head check. It is important to develop a routine at home to check your child for lice.
Medications - Please give all medications at home when possible. When given at school, all medications must be in the original labeled container or box. H.I.S.D. policy requires that a medication administration form be filled out by a doctor and signed by the parent before any medication can be administered at school.
Immunizations - Students attending public school are required to meet the Texas Minimum State Vaccine Requirements. You will be notified if your child needs any immunizations throughout the school year. Please make this a top priority if your child needs an immunization and return proof of immunizations to school.
Emergency Contacts – Please notify the school of any changes in information on your child’s emergency contact form. Often when a child becomes ill at school a parent cannot be reached. Make sure your emergency contact numbers stay accurate.
TIPS FOR STAYING HEALTHY!!
· Frequent hand washing to reduce the spread of germs
· Good Nutrition - Eat breakfast and follow the food pyramid guidelines
· Get at least 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep at night
· Drink 6 – 8 glasses of water a day
· Build exercise into family routines
· Schedule regular doctor and dental visits
If your child has any changes in their health, please let me know. I am here to assist and support you and your child in any way. Do not hesitate to call or stop by the Hartman clinic. Thank you!