HISD Top Five: Why HISD Is an Exceptional Place to Work
1. Reputation for Innovation: HISD is the 2013 Broad Prize Winner. As the nation's seventh largest school district, we are at the forefront of educational innovation and are committed to getting results for every one of our students.
2. Competitive Compensation Programs: At HISD, we offer competitive compensation, a generous benefits package with time off, and financial rewards up to $9,750 for high-performing teachers through our ASPIRE performance pay model.
To learn more about our salary schedules, click on the following links:
3. Workforce Development: HISD values continuous learning and growth. We offer development opportunities including individualized feedback & development, mentoring & coaching for teachers, and workshops & advanced degree programs for non-instructional staff.
4. Shared Commitment to Excellence: Team HISD is made up of passionate and committed professionals who hold themselves to high expectations and believe, without a doubt, that every child can learn.
5. Great Location: A family-friendly, multicultural city with a low cost of living and a thriving economy, Houston was recently named the Coolest City in America by Forbes Magazine.