Our Fine Arts Magnet Program:
Gregory-Lincoln is a school-wide magnet for the Creative & Performing Arts in which all students participate in the magnet program. There is free bus transportation for the magnet transfer students that qualify. Our application process follows HISD policies and timelines.
Students are expected to advance in skill development so they can join a fine art performing group. Students perform and display their work in school-wide events throughout the year. The performers participate in local area competitions, win awards and recognition, and gain exposure and experience at a multitude of events.
Additionally we offer tutoring and intervention before, during and after school so we can meet the needs of all our students.
Our Fine Art Magnet Classes:
Classes are 50 minutes during the school day for
Elementary and 68 minutes for Middle School students..
- Art allows students to study and practice art elements and
principals in a variety of media within a historical context. Students display
their work throughout the year at many local venues and participate in thematic
- Band consists of instruments from the woodwind, brass and
percussion families. Students learn to read music, play with correct positions
and develop critical thinking skills.
- Choir and General Music offer the fundamentals of music theory.
The singers learn to read, perform and appreciate many different vocal styles,
music genres, and they also learn to play rhythm and pitched instruments.
- Dance offers studies in ballet, jazz, modern, creative
movement, hip-hop and ballroom while developing basic technical skills. The
dance program fosters creativity, cooperative learning, critical thinking,
problem solving, and evaluation of performance within a safe, non-threatening
- Theater offers the fundamentals in performing theater arts. Students rehearse throughout the year and perform an annual school
musical at the end of the school year.
- Culinary Arts offers practical training in a modern kitchen from an instructor with real-world experience. Students will have the opportunity to learn the hospitality and restaurant management skills needed to attain their goals of running a food operation from front to back.
- Physical Education classes integrate sports science into their curriculum. Students learn about their muscles, bones, heart rate, nutrition, and other fun facts about being healthy and fit for life.
- Library Classes focuses on literacy initiatives. Students will enrich their learning using books, technology and various other creative outlets to lead their lives into the 21st century.
- Piano/Keyboard inspires students to find their own melody on the "ebony and ivory" keys.
- German Classes motivates students to expand their linguist abilities by speaking German. "Komm und lern Deutsch mit uns!"