• In order to be eligible for HISD-ACP, an applicant must have a minimum of a 2.5 GPA and a four-year college degree from an accredited college or university and be able to supply official transcripts showing that a degree has been awarded.
    • The applicant must also be eligible to work in the United States.
    • Currently, according to HISD policy, we are not able to sponsor work visas.

    Applicants with foreign transcripts:

    A conferred undergraduate or graduate degree in the United States


    If your only conferred degree is not from the United States or a recognized country, a TOEFL exam must be taken and passed with the following scores.

    • Satisfactory scores of the TOEFL-iBT exam must score at least a:
      • 24 on the Speaking section
      • 22 on the Listening section
      • 22 on the Reading section
      • 21 on the Writing section
    • Information regarding this test can be found on the website or by calling (877) 863-3546

    Texas Education Agency (TEA) website


    All foreign transcripts must be evaluated by an accredited transcript evaluation company and include a course-by-course evaluation and grade point average (GPA).  A list of the evaluation companies is available on the State Board for Educator Certification  (SBEC) website.