All magnet students who reside within HISD and live more than two miles away from BCMAR are eligible for bus transportation.Students must have their route and stop memorized.
To make everything run as smoothly and safely as possible, please make sure these guidelines are followed:
- Students should arrive at their stops at least ten minutes early in the morning.
- Students should always exhibit appropriate behavior on the buses and adhere to the HISD Student Code of Conduct. Failure to do so will result in a write up, and three write-ups will result in removal from the bus permanantly.
- Students must look at the map on the dry erase board before they walk out to the buses so that they know where their bus is located in line. Running up and down the bus lane to find it is both dangerous and time consuming.
- Once the students are released, they only have eight minutes to get to the buses. Stopping to take care of other business will most likely cause them to miss the bus.
- After the buses have started leaving, students cannot run out after them. Again……safety first!
- Finally, if a student misses the bus they must come back up to Main Office.It takes a little while for HISD to get all of the kinks worked out, and even then there can be temporary set backs. Please bear with us if your child's bus is a little late in the beginning of the year. That being said, if your child's bus is more than "a little" late in the morning or afternoon please contact transportation. It is very important that we let HISD Transportation know about any extremely late pick-ups, drop-offs, or no-shows as well as any concerns you may have. They will do their very best to ensure everything that can be done is done.Transportation will requested for all students who are accepted and enrolled at BCMA and reside within HISD. No additional forms are required to be completed for the same.