You Can Help. Be a Partner.
Area businesses and postsecondary institutions can play a critical role in helping HISD Futures Academy students become better prepared for college and meaningful careers in your industry. When your company or educational organization shares time and talent with Futures Academy students, the students not only benefit, but so does your organization by creating a pipeline of better-prepared employees. HISD Futures Academy makes it easy to get involved and make a meaningful and direct impact.
Ways your organization can be involved:
- Volunteer as a classroom speaker or mentor
- Provide job-shadowing experiences for high school students to build career awareness
- Host tours of your business for students
- Provide student internships
- Participate in curriculum input and industry-specific problem-solving projects
- Obtain branding opportunity
- As a post-secondary institution, host college visits and support college and career preparation for high school students
- Be a program sponsor
To learn more about how your organization can play a role, call Angela Rodriguez at (713) 556-7232 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get involved now! Your future workforce is waiting!