What do you think Distracted Driving is?
There are three main types of distraction:
· Visual: taking your eyes off the road;
· Manual: taking your hands off the wheel; and
· Cognitive: taking your mind off of driving.
If you think you can safely text while doing other activities safely, then you are ready for the challenge.
Meet the faces of distracted driving...(Choose any one, such as Margay Shee)
Do you know what the law says?
Texas Distracted Driving Laws
- Ban on all cell phone (handheld and Hands-free) for bus drivers (Primary law)
- Ban on all cell phone (handheld and Hands-free) for novice drivers (Primary law)
- Ban on texting for novice drivers (Primary law)
- Ban on texting for bus drivers (Primary law)
- Texas has banned the use of handheld phones and texting in school zones
For more information regarding Texas's state laws click here: http://ghsa.org/html/stateinfo/bystate/tx.html
Will you pledge to drive distraction free? What percentage of your advocacy class will take the pledge?
Distracted driving kills and injures thousands of people each year. I pledge to:
· Protect lives by never texting or talking on the phone while driving.
· Be a good passenger and speak out if the driver in my car is distracted.
· Encourage my friends and family to drive phone-free
For further study: