Register Your Child for Prekindergarten – Step by Step
Registration is during the spring semester before the academic school year begins: Your child must be four years old as of September 1.Check your child's eligibility, then follow the steps outlined below for NON-TUITION BASED prekindergarten. For tuition-based prekindergarten, click here.
Contact the school you would like your child to attend to determine when applications are due. (If you are unsure which schools are located near you, use the "Advanced Search" in the Find a School tool and click on Map of All Schools to find a school near you.)
Bring the following items you will need for registration on the application due date.
- Completed application
- Birth certificate (state issued)
- Photo copy of parent ID
- Proof of residency (utility bill with address)
- Proof of income (current check stub)
Find out important information concerning:
- When your child will meet their teacher
- If after-school care is an option at the school
- School hours
- Drop off and pick up procedures
If you register your child after school begins, you will need to bring any paperwork from the previous school attended.