The following documents were handed out in class the first week of school:
- Course Syllabus- Last page to be signed by student and parent and returned to Ms. Ford
- Flinn Safety Contract - to be signed by student and parent and returned to Ms. Ford
- Interactive Notebook Guidelines and Rubric - to be cut and glued into the student's composition notebook (interactive notebook)
- Lab Report Guidelines and Scoring - to be cut and glued into the student's composition notebook (interactive notebook)
Supplemental Materials not printed/handed out in class:
8 General Rules to Help You SucceedPrinted and taped to the course whiteboard in class:
Bio Month At-A-Glance - See what's happening each month (hint: it lists your homework, project, and test dates!)ASSIGNMENTS:
- Biology Pre-assessment on the HUB - students were given instructions on how to access their bio course on the HUB, using their HISD laptops. This pre-assessment is mandatory but not for a grade. It is a starting point for me to know incoming knowledge.
- Lab Safety Test on the HUB - students must make a score of 80 or higher to participate in labs. Retakes are available if needed.
- Design Detectives - Identifying variables and controls in a scientific experiment
- Notes - Students should begin taking notes on Chapters 1 and 7 in their online textbook