Is this the right opportunity for you?
Teach Forward Houston is recruiting bright, highly motivated HISD seniors to join a prestigious fellowship, earning a BS in teaching and learning at the University of Houston. Fellows will return to their communities for a four year commitment in a high-impact and meaningful career as a classroom teacher and instructional leader on the front lines of education.
Teach Forward Houston evaluates prospective fellows holistically. There are no minimum test scores, GPA, or other set criteria required in order to be considered.
For all applicants, we will review the following:
- Class rank
- Strong GPA
- SAT/ACT scores
- Rigorous coursework
- Extracurricular involvement, work experience, and/or leadership roles
- Deep desire to give back to their community through education
- Willingness to work hard
- Recommendation letter(s)
- Application essay
- Two rounds of interviews(not all students will be asked to an interview)
- Free and reduced lunch status
- First generation college student status