- In order to be eligible for HISD-ACP, an applicant must have a minimum of a 2.5 GPA and a four-year college degree from an accredited college or university and be able to supply official transcripts showing that a degree has been awarded.
- The applicant must also be eligible to work in the United States.
- Currently, according to HISD policy, we are not able to sponsor work visas.
Applicants with foreign transcripts:
A conferred undergraduate or graduate degree in the United States
If your only conferred degree is not from the United States or a recognized country, a TOEFL exam must be taken and passed with the following scores.
- Satisfactory scores of the TOEFL-iBT exam must score at least a:
- 24 on the Speaking section
- 22 on the Listening section
- 22 on the Reading section
- 21 on the Writing section
- Information regarding this test can be found on the website or by calling (877) 863-3546
Texas Education Agency (TEA) website
All foreign transcripts must be evaluated by an accredited transcript evaluation company and include a course-by-course evaluation and grade point average (GPA). A list of the evaluation companies is available on the State Board for Educator Certification (SBEC) website.