C0RONAVIRUS - COVID 19
The Houston ISD is closely monitoring the Covid-19 Pandemic and is in contact with the CDC, Texas Deptartment of Health Services, and the Houston/Harris County Health Department to ensure that all students, families, and staff are safe and updated with the latest information.
The Houston ISD Covid-19 Update page can be found at https:houstonisd.org/HealthAlerts
The HISD provides helpful links to informational and testing sites.
Please contact the Lovett school nurse to report any suspected or confirmed cases of Covid-19
Please do not send your child to school with any illness or covid like symptoms.
Covid -19 affects different people in differtent ways. Infected people have have a wide range of symptoms or may not show any symptoms at all. Common Symptoms of Covid-19, include:
- fever or chills
- shortness of breath or difficulity breathing
- fatigue, muscle or body aches
- loss of taste or smell
Please have students practice wearing a mask, as it is anticipated that all students will be required to wear a mask when they return to school.
To help contain the spread of the coronavirus, it is recommended that you do the following:
- practice social distancing - not social isolation
- wear a mask when in a public settings
- wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- if soap and water not available, use hand sanitizer
- avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
- avoid contact with people that are sick
- clean and disinfect frequently used objects and surfaces
- boost your immune system; get plenty of rest, eat healthy, and get some exercise
Please feel free to contact the nurse with any questions or concerns regarding Covid-19.