Character Development Month
Developing Good Character
Good character is a Superpower! It gives you the tools to be able to face the challenges in your life. It also makes possible for you to be able to have friends and get along with others.
What are some things we need to work on in order to develop good character?
- Responsibility: You hold yourself accountable for your actions instead of blaming others.
- Courage: You show courage when you face challenges without fear of failure. You are confident that you can overcome your difficulties and take things one step at a time.
- Integrity: You have integrity when you use good moral judgment. You don't do what others do simply to follow the crowd. You are willing to follow your conscience, even when it's difficult to do so.
- Tenacity: You don't give up easily. You know things might take a while to happen, so you are willing to wait and keep working at it until you reach your goal.
- Self-Discipline: You are willing to work hard to achieve your goals. Even when it's more comfortable to to sit and do nothing, you get up and do what you need to do.
- Praising Others: You recognize the value of other people and encourage them in their work. You are generous in your praise of others, giving them your support.
- Positive Attitude: You see the glass half-full instead of half-empty. When you think positively, it increases your chances of being successful.
- Respect: You show respect when you show consideration for others. This very important quality makes it possible for you to disagree with others in a positive and productive way. You respect yourself when you are aware that others may have a different opinion from yours. This is an especially challenging thing to do because many times we let our emotions dictate our actions. There are some things we can do to help us resolve our differences or our conflicts with other people. Talk to your counselor for some ideas.
Burbank Middle School