ALGEBRA II 2020-2021
CONTACT THE TEACHER
1. Instructor: Hung Lau firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Notebook , pencils and pens
2. Conference time: 1st period & 8th period, RM#245
2. Pearson eTextbook
3. Phone: 713.847.4809
3. Laptop/TI 84
Welcome to Algebra II class. In this course, we will explore and interpret real-world problems as well as patterns and their representations (expressions, equations, graphs).The content of this course are important for students’ success on both the ACT and college mathematics entrance exams. We will use technology, such as TI-84 and geogebra, which will help you analyze data and understand theorems easily. Your success in Algebra II depends on your willingness to be challenged to complete your work, turn it in on time, and ask questions.I ALWAYS EXPECT YOUR BEST EFFORT!
2. Absolute Value Functions and Equations
3. Systems of Linear Equations
5. Quadratic Functions and Equations
6. Square Root Functions and Equations
7. Exponential and Logarithmic Functions and Equations
8. Radical Expressions
9. Cubic and Cube Root Functions and Equations
11. Rational Functions and Equations
1. Wear student ID
2. Bring fully charged laptop
3. Be on time
4. Be respectful
5. Take care of “Do Now”
1. Student work should demonstrate understanding of the problem assigned.
2. Use proper heading (first name and last name, date, period)
3. Homework is due next class. Late homework will result in a maximum score of 85 if completed.
4. Missed quizzes will nor be made up. The test following the quiz will replace the missing quiz.
5. If a student fails a test, there will be an opportunity for retaking the test. This retest grade will
replace the failing test with a grade up to 90.
6. Giving or receiving information on homework, tests will result in zero points.
Students are responsible of contacting the teacher via e-mail when absent, checking the calendar for assignments, along with watching PPTs/videos posted on the HUB or read Pearson eTextbook for any missed lessons to prevent falling behind in the course work.
First Minor Offence
Second Minor Offence
Third Minor Offence
Parent Contact/Office Referral
Tuesday and Wednesday 3:30---4:30 pm