Advocacy Focus, East Early College High School
Wednesday, October 4, 2017
Essential Question: How do we create realist solutions to our academic concerns/or obstacles?
- The students will reflect back on their academic concerns from Monday and complete the "Advocacy Goal Setting Plan of Action".
- Students must identify their concern/or obstacles for at least four courses.
- They should develop short term goals (within the next three weeks) and long term goals (by the end of the semester). Then, they should clearly state what Plan of Action (POA) will they follow to eliminate this problem. The POA can be done as a quick check list- "To Do List" for improving a grade or other concern.
- Before leaving, make sure each student signs their handout/that the advocacy facilitator sign as well.
Reflection and Discourse
1. Why signing the form makes the commitment more serious?