Task: To participate in the Telephone Game
- Make sure the group is in a circle
- Everyone must remain silent during each round.
- Select one starting speaker-- he or she will start the telephone phrase.
- The phrase must be whispered and only stated once.
- The phrase must be school appropriate.
- After the last person has received the telephone phrase, he or she will announce it to the entire group.
- Verify and discuss the similarities and differences between these two phrases.
- Each round should have a different person starting.
Round 1: Create a two-word phrase (try to have these words rhyme/or start with the same
letter-like Angry Apple or Blue Balloon
Round 2: Create a longer phrase with 3-5 words.
Round 3: Use a complete sentence 5 or more words.
Round 4: If the group is up for the challenge, then use a tongue twister. https://www.engvid.com/english-resource/50-tongue-twisters-improve-pronunciation/
- This activity does work better if the instructor creates the phrases and just provides them to the first speaker of each round, but if your group is capable/mature, then they can create appropriate phrases on demand.