Finding My Happiness!
Prepping for a Socratic Seminar (Article)
Advocacy Focus, East Early College High School
Monday, October 30, 2017
Task: Students will read the article/take notes to prepare for the Socratic Seminar.
- Provide each student with a copy of the article or ask them to open up the article on their computer.
- The students should use up the time reading/taking notes/creating questions
- As you read the article, write down any questions you have about the information/or author's perspective.
- Also, you can write down ideas that you strongly agree and disagree with- explain why you feel the way you do.
- Create any questions you want the answer for? - Maybe you need more information from the author or clarification, etcetera.
*If you have a different format for Socratic Seminar preparation that you are move comfortable with, then please provide that information to your advocacy group. The important part is that we expose them to effective Socratic Seminar preparation.
Reflection and Discourse
Discuss: Ask the students to provide any information they may have or experience they may have with Socratic Seminars.