Community Service-Project- Service Reflection Essay
Advocacy Focus, East Early College High School
May 14- May 18 (Monday-Thursday)
Essential Question: What is the purpose of self-reflection and evaluation?
Monday - Thursday
Task 1- Students will write a 1-2 page Reflective Essay that will describe key elements of their community service project.
- Provide Background on the Community Service project (topic)
- Explain your reason/goals for pursuing this project (purpose)
- Provide general information on the organization/or group you helped (organization)
2. Body Paragraph 1:
- Provide a reflection/or story on a specific person you met during this service project
- Reflect on the impact this individual had on your experience
- Provide a reflection/or story on a specific event that occurred during this service project
- Reflect on how this event/or interactions impacted your experience
3. Body Paragraph 2:
- Explain your overall accomplishments and opinions about the service project
- What were some of the most difficult challenges/or obstacles?
- What were some of the most empowering successes and achievements?
- Would you pursue this type of community service again? Or would you want to continue assisting this organization?
4. Closing Paragraph:
- Overall, what is your view on community service?
- What future community services will you participate in?
- Explain any growth you have had because of this experience.
Tips On Resume Development:
- Avoid grammatical errors
- Use vivid and clear language
- Use Times New Roman, 12-point font style, and double-space
Reflection and Discourse
1. What is the purpose of self-reflection and evaluation?