Hello Ashford Parents/Guardians,
Summer is almost here! If your student has medication in the nurse’s clinic it must be picked up by the end of the day on Friday, May 31st. Any medication remaining on Monday, June 3rd will be destroyed (unless the student is attending summer school at Ashford). Paperwork for medication orders for next school should not be completed until the month of August 2019 to ensure they are valid the entire 2019-2020 school year. The form can be picked up from me or printed from online: https://www.houstonisd.org/Page/128845
No medication will be given without the required paperwork (link above). All medications must have a label from the pharmacy that includes the child’s name and the medication dose and frequency, including over the counter (non-prescription) medications.
Parents of students starting Kindergarten, please be aware that most students require vaccinations during the summer between Pre-K and Kindergarten (DTaP, MMR, and Varicella). The latest immunization requirements can be found at https://www.dshs.texas.gov/immunize/school/
Stay healthy and safe this summer!
· Encourage your children to choose water instead of sugary or caffeinated drinks.
· Remind them to protect themselves from the sun using sunscreen, hats, sunglasses, and protective clothing.
· Keep a close watch on students with asthma and make sure they recognize when they need to take a break or use their rescue inhaler.
· Encourage the use of helmets and protective gear when riding bikes, scooters, etc.
· Be extra cautious in crowded swimming areas. Drowning is often silent and hard to spot!
· Remember to stay active this summer! Get up and play around an hour each day.
I hope you all stay safe this summer and have lots of fun!
Bethany Hunt – Registered Nurse