2019-2020 Uniform Information
Hello All! Uniform sales at DeBakey HSHP are the exclusive activity of DeBakey PTO with the purpose of raising funds used to support the student classes, clubs, organization, and other enrichment activities while also helping parents find quality clothing items at reasonable prices in one place at one time.
Our main event was the big summer sale right before the start of the school year and it was a big success with most parents and students getting the items they needed in the size and colors that they wanted.
Big thanks to the many volunteers who showed up to help bend chaos into some semblance of order: Stella Carleton and her mom Rachael, Charlie Ake and his mom and dad Nichole and Paul and sister Abby, Isabel Vasquez and mom Rosa, Alena Bujnowski and mom Mary, Shahaab Mehra and mom Ziba, Nora McQueary and mom Kathleen, Natalie Allen, Whes Herrera, Lyric Campbell, Kay Hayes, Symone and Sydney Simon, Niels Levy-Thiebaut., Daija Dawkins, Amanda P., Catherine F., Asher J., Vivien K., Lee Brim, Chris John, and Shantelle B. Sorry if I missed anyone. If so, email email@example.com and we’ll get you up in lights. All did an amazing job. We really hope to see most of you next year on this same project where we promise to have not one but two credit card ‘readers’ to help lines move even more quickly.
In the meantime: NEW SALES. We’ve had our little uniform store next to the flex lab open on six or seven days for follow up sales and now that orders are slowing down a bit we will set Wednesdays during both lunch times as our regular openings.
Cash and credit cards (with a small bank fee) are accepted at all uniform sales. Please note that we do not accept checks. Students are encouraged to try on the items at the sale in order to be sure they fit as there are no exchanges or refunds in anything other than extraordinary circumstances.
The school handbook outlines the uniform requirements and should be consulted, but the following has proven to be a helpful list for students. Neither pants nor skirts are included in this sale.
* 3 or 4 embroidered polo or dri-fit shirts (usually worn Monday through Thursday)
* 1 spirit t-shirt This may be worn on designated Fridays as per school announcements.
* 2 PE t-shirts
* 1 pullover sweatshirt or hoodie or windbreaker jacket
Below is a list of the required and optional uniform items and prices. Inventory can sometimes be limited as it is difficult to foresee what sizes and styles will be in demand from year to year.
- Unisex pique polo in white, royal blue, and navy – $21
- Ladies cut interlock polo in white, royal blue, and navy – $21
- Dri-fit unisex embroidered polo w knitted collar in royal (new this year) – $26 Standard in navy - $22.
- PE t-shirts – $10
- Spirit t-shirts – $12
- Crewneck Sweatshirts – $26
- Pull over silkscreened hoodie – $29 or Embroidered logo with zipper - $33
- Windbreakers – $34
- Heavier weight, cool weather jacket – Men’s in Navy, Ladies in Royal and a limited inventory of White Ladies cut jackets should arrive in October - $48
- Proud Parent t-shirts – $12
ON SALE > Oversupply of Royal X-L pullover crewneck sweatshirts on sale until Oct 15 for $22
For additional questions, please consult the handbook or contact firstname.lastname@example.org