- Community Service Requirement: Students who have completed community service hours for this school year will receive a special recognition. Students who have not completed required community service hours for this school year will have option to waive this requirement. Students will submit via Teams.
- Senior Project: Students who completed Senior Project for this school year will receive a special recognition. Students who have not completed required Senior Project for this school year will have option to waive this requirement. Students will submit via Teams.
- CPR Instruction: As of now, CPR instruction is a state graduation requirement. We took care of this requirement the day following the award ceremony. HISD will request a waiver from the commissioner for seniors who have not completed this requirement. However, there is no guarantee the state will honor this request. If you have not completed this graduation requirement, please remain on standby. We will develop a plan to support you just in case. If the state does not approve this request by May 4th, we will execute our plan to be on the safe side. No action required from students. We have documentation required for senior who satisfied this requirement.
- “NG” No Grade on Transcript: If you have an "NG" on your transcript for semesters prior to this one, you will be required to have them removed to ensure you satisfy all high school graduation requirements. Mr. Speier will create a Teams Classroom for you and will inform you of the number of hours you owe, and how to satisfy the requirements so the NG may be removed from your transcript. Please be on the lookout for this. The sooner this is taken care of, the better. Seniors will not receive NG for current semester. Please follow up with Mr. Speier if you need additional support.
- On Time Grad Academy (Credit Recovery or Original Credit: Students who are expected to be enrolled to On Time Grad Academy for credit recovery or original credit, please know Dean Orozco is working hard to get you enrolled. As a result of school closures, there are less courses offered and there are less sessions offered. Some of you were relying on sessions and courses no longer offered. We are working diligently to support you. For example, if you need Spanish original credit, Mr. Speier will teach it and Dean Orozco and I will assume all duties he is no longer eligible to perform as a teacher of record. Additionally, we are working to create a few of our own credit recovery sessions with our teachers. On Time Grad Academy cancels offerings if they do not have enough students enroll in them. Most recently, they canceled Government. SENIORS who are retaking GOVT 2305, it is very important you do your best. The last day to get you registered for their last session for Government is April 24th. If you do not have this credit you do not graduate! Please follow up with Ms. Orozco if you need additional support.