From Mrs. Landry on April 27, 2020
April 27, 2020
Hello Seniors and families,
I hope you had a good weekend! This email is a bit shorter as it only contains new items. Those highlighted in yellow require your attention/action- a few deadlines (highlighted in red) are at the end of this week!
SENIOR SHOW – TODAY!!
Please log in at 4pm today for our first ever Virtual Senior Visual Arts Show (We are still working with art area teachers to figure out how/when senior shows, performances and showcases might take place. We will communicate those decisions when finalized.)
- What: “Looking Glass” – A Kinder HSPVA Visual Arts Virtual Senior Show
- Join us for the opening of our first Virtual Senior Show from our Visual Arts department featuring the work of Leah C., Gabrielle L., and Evelyn W.. Prepare your favorite drinks and enjoy your favorite at home hors d'oeuvres. Schedule a reminder for the live event today and tune in as we celebrate the work of our seniors.
- Where: The broadcast will be shared on the Kinder HSPVA Facebook page, as well as the official Kinder HSPVA YouTube page.
- Kinder HSPVA’s official Facebook page (facebook.com/kinderhspva)
- When – TODAY! Monday, April 27 at 4 pm
HSPVA FRIENDS SCHOLARSHIPS
HSPVA Friends college scholarship applications are due Friday, May 1st! Here’s the link to the application: https://hspvafriends.org/scholarships/collegescholarships/
Please send in this information by this Friday, May 1st to be included in Senior Awards 😊
We would appreciate you sharing your scholarship offers because it is another representation of the hard work each student puts in at HSPVA. The scholarship amount that your class has been offered will be included on our School Profile which is sent with each college application during the next school year. We believe having this number as accurate as possible will reflect how unique and desired our students are by colleges and universities and will help in the college admissions and scholarship process for the next senior class. By continuing to share, each graduating class continues to build the foundation for our school- and we get to brag about how amazing you are in the process!
Please let us know what scholarships you have been offered from colleges/universities/private foundations/etc.
- For each scholarship and/or grant, please fill out the Scholarship Reporting Form.
- Please have a copy of your award letter.
- Email the letters and scholarships to Mr. Edwards (email@example.com). You can always send screenshots or camera images of the letters/forms if you don’t have scanner.
- Please report rewards for ALL schools that are making offers even if you do not plan to attend.
- You do NOT need to report loan information.
- Forms are attached to this email.
Update your College application status!
- Please click on the pencil/edit icon next to each school to update your status (applied, accepted, wait list, etc.)
- If you have decided NOT to apply to a school, let your counselor know so they can update your account.
- Having this data correct it very important as it generates the scatter plot for next year’s seniors.
- If you have decided, please update Naviance with your college choice!
CovEd COLLEGE FAIR
CovEd is hosting a college fair to help matriculating students make their college decisions a bit easier. All current high school seniors, transfer students, and other students looking to choose their undergraduate institution for the upcoming academic year are invited! If you committed already, feel free to ask our reps questions about your future alma-mater! Please note that the discussions will be focused around the college experience, NOT about the college application process.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS (ALL IN Eastern Daylight Time)
2pm-4pm: Drop by college booths to ask your questions! (Individual college call times TBA)
4pm-5pm: Liberal Arts College Panel, I'm still stuck: How to Choose a College
5pm-6pm: Pre-Med Panel, Pre-Law Panel, Engineering Panel
6pm-7pm: Diversity Panel (LGBTQ+, International, First Gen, Accessible Education)
7pm-8pm: Making College Affordable, Undecided: How to Choose a Major
We have 150 undergraduate representatives from over 50 colleges across the United States excited to share their knowledge and answer your questions! From 2-4PM, each college will have a unique zoom call. Feel free to hop between calls or stay in one call!
Access to the event is only given to those who register through this form. Register here: http://bit.ly/covedregister. The day before the event, a document with links to each institution's call will be sent out, as well as all of the panel meeting links. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about CovEd, visit http://www.coved.org/.
GRADUATION SURVEY HISD
In light of the current social distancing restrictions due to COVID-19, the Houston Independent School District is exploring alternative plans for Spring 2020 graduation ceremonies, should that need arise. As a graduating senior or parent of a graduating senior, we would like your input. Please click HERE to complete a survey to provide your feedback on a virtual, postponed or alternate graduation ceremony plan.
Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or concerns. Stay well Class of 2020!!