PVA update Monday, May 4, 2020
I hope your Monday is off to a great start. Mine began with a huge, “THANK YOU!” to all our Kinder HSPVA teachers on this first day of Teacher Appreciation week!
As a faculty, we talked about student engagement and participation during this time of remote instruction. Beginning this week, some teachers may have only one assignment for classes. Others may continue to assign two items. Some of our students have shared feeling overwhelmed, even with the two assignments per course. I have asked teacher to do what they think is best for kids as we enter the final four weeks of instruction. A reminder that AP courses still have AP exams from May 11th through May 22nd. Your students have been getting information about those online exams through College Board from Mr. Tellez and teachers. Please remind your student that the exams are offered at a specific time and that we are in the Central Standard Time Zone. If you have questions about the AP exams, please e-mail your student’s teacher.
- The document for this week can be found here: Kinder HSPVA Weekly Assignment Sheet (Week Ending 5-8). If you do not see an assignment for a teacher, please feel free to e-mail them.
- Parents of incoming 9th graders and students who will be in 10th, 11th, and 12th grades should be on the look out for an e-mail from Mr. Klein regarding transportation for the 2020-2021 school year this week.
- In response to the unique challenges presented by COVID-19, the Houston Independent School District is excited to announce that 100 interns will be hired to tutor students remotely. https://blogs.houstonisd.org/news/2020/04/24/virtual-student-leadership-program-accepting-applications-from-high-school-students-district-alumni/
- Remember to mark your calendars for the Senior Awards ceremony which will be presented on Thursday, May 21st at 6:30 pm. We will share more information closer to that date.
- Finally, Nurse Jordan has put together a short survey for our HSPVA families and she would love to hear from you! The link below will take you to the survey and if you reply to this e-mail it will go to Nurse Jordan's inbox. Thank you for taking a couple of minutes to check in with her...and us! https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/WVG89DG
Thanks so much,
Scott Allen, Ed.D.