PVA UPDATES - Monday, May 26, 2020
I hope your extended weekend was good. Thursday and Friday bring our underclassmen to campus for gathering things as we begin summer! If you need to drop off items, but do not want to enter the building, please e-mail Mr. Tellez at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your student’s name and what needs to be dropped off and we can arrange for that to occur.
A few notes before your students comes to campus:
- Any student not returning to HSPVA in the fall should bring their laptops and hotspots (if checked out) on Thursday/Friday.
- If a student has a damaged laptop, that can be exchanged for a fresh one. To save time, please e-mail Mrs. Patel in advance at email@example.com.
- If a student has an HISD laptop and does not use it, that can be turned in.
- If turning in a laptop, be sure to bring the laptop, power cord, case and strap.
- Charges for missing items are as follows:
- Case $38
- Charger $50
- Strap $8
- All the above can be done in the technology office on the fourth floor.
On these two days, please note:
- All employees must always wear PPE equipment
- All individuals must maintain 6 feet apart distancing.
- No physical contact to be allowed (hugging, handshakes, etc.).
- Temperatures will be taken upon entering the building.
- Students are required to wear masks. These will be provided by HISD at front door of first floor elevator for anyone who doesn’t have one.
- Parking will be in the garage to keep the social distancing flow as organized as possible.
- Students getting off elevators on floors other than the first without PPE will be redirected to that area.
- We ask that no more than two people at a time ride the elevator. The stairs may also be used form the garage.
This Clean Out List will help students get things accomplished while on campus. I hope this is helpful for you and your student to be sure everything is together before entering the school. If your student has everything out of the building and doesn’t need to come, that is not a problem. Please know that the custodial staff will clean out all lockers in June, and those items discarded.
The Sign-Up Genius link is listed below. This offers 30-minute slots with 20 students per session. Only one parent will be allowed to assist each student as needed to limit the number of people in the school at a time. The hours both Thursday and Friday will be from 7:30 am to 3:30 pm.
Sign up here: http://www.tinyurl.com/hspvacampuscleanout
As always, thank you for your understanding. Please let me know if you have questions.
Scott Allen, Ed.D.