CAMPUS DROP OFF/PICK UP/CAP AND GOWN PHOTOS – FRIDAY, MAY 22, 2020
From Dr. Allen on May 18, 2020
KINDER HSPVA SENIOR CAMPUS DROP OFF/PICK UP/CAP AND GOWN PHOTOS – FRIDAY, MAY 22, 2020
On May 22nd we will have you on campus for cap and gown pickup, technology drop off, locker clean out, and cap and gown photos. In order to keep building capacity at 25% or below and to help with social distancing, we will have you come by art area. Please note, there is an end of day makeup time in case a student is taking an AP exam or has another reason the scheduled time will not work.
The schedule for art areas arrival will be:
8:00 am Visual Arts
9:00 am Creative Writing
9:30 am Dance
10:00 am Band/Jazz/Piano
10:45 am Mariachi/Orchestra
11:30 am Theatre
12:15 pm LUNCH BREAK
1:00 pm Vocal
1:30 pm Makeup Time for students not attending an above session
2:30 pm Seniors taking AP Stats Exam at 1:00 pm
4:00 pm Campus Closed
Please arrive and park in the parking garage. This helps with the social distancing flow of the process. A reminder that one parent can assist if you need extra help with gathering personal belongings. We will also offer a bus drive drop off/pickup if you choose to not to enter the building. If you would like to take advantage of this, please e-mail Mr. Tellez by Wednesday, May 20th, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CAP AND GOWN PHOTOS
We are working with Houston ISD and Herff Jones to submit items to make our 2020 Virtual Graduation as special as possible. The first thing we must do is submit a cap and gown photo of each senior. Because of the recently communicated timeline, we had to move cap and gown photos to this Friday. While picking things up and dropping things off is important on Friday, the most important thing to me is taking your cap and gown photo.
When you arrive at the times listed below, you will go the to the hallway near the backstage area of the Denney with your PPE on. Thanks to a small army of helpers, Caps and Gowns will be hung, steamed free of wrinkles, and ready to be put on. Cords, caps, and tassels will also be in an envelope with your name. We will also have the art area hoods ready for you. You will dress with socially distanced assistance from the staff before going onstage in the Denney. If heels are worn, you might want to bring comfortable shoes for gathering things and completing tasks after pictures are taken.
TO THINK ABOUT BEFORE FRIDAY:
You need to decide what you would like to do for pictures (we can do one or both):
- Take a photo with Dr. Allen and diploma cover at 6’ distance or next to one another with no handshake. No masks.
- Take an individual photo with diploma. (This is what will be used in Virtual Graduation ceremony)
If you do not plan to take a cap and gown photo, we are asking you to e-mail Mr. Klein at email@example.com by Friday morning, May 22nd, in order for us to talk through photo options for the Virtual Graduation.
Details on how to purchase these images will be sent out later this week.
OVERVIEW OF THE STUDENT CLEAN OUT PROCESS
- Social distancing and proper wearing of PPE including masks and gloves are always required while on campus. The district will provide PPE.
- Students will arrive and all park in the garage and enter using staircase D where students will receive a checklist and then proceed to Staircase C to go down and take cap and gown photos.
- After taking cap and gown photos in the Denney, students will go upstairs to turn in technology and then check-in with their art areas.
- Finally, students will go down to the Commons, turn in key cards in the 1st floor office, pick up their senior gift, and exit to the garage using the elevator.
- Students are also reminded to clear out academic lockers if they have anything in them and to visit the nurse if they have any medications needing to be picked up.
- All students will exit to the garage using the elevator after receiving their senior gifts.
- A To Do sheet will be given you arrive on campus (Senior Check Out) and the items to be turned in will be printed on the back (Items to Return). Please check the lists attached to this email before arriving at school in order to bring all items.
Gather Items from Commons/Depart
(Key Cards/Senior Gift)
Visual Arts (33)
Creative Writing (19)
Band (15)/Jazz (4)/Piano (3)
Mariachi (9)/Orchestra (17)
Photo Worker Lunch Break