Steps for obtaining a recommendation from Mrs. Hill:
Follow these steps AFTER receiving lesson about requesting recommendations from your English teacher (Casperson or Parker)
- Email me asking if I would be willing to write you a letter. If we barely talked last year, I don’t know you well enough to write one. If you got bad grades, don’t let that deter you from asking me. I don’t write letters just for A students.
- After I have said yes, email me the following information:
- The deadline (if it’s less than two weeks out, I probably can’t do it.)
- The type of letter (Naviance, uploaded to website, mailed, etc)
- Please note that if the letter needs to be mailed, you must provide and addressed envelope with a stamp.
- A summary of your AP Research/TPSP project that includes
- AP Research: your research question, method, results, impact to field/world/etc
- TPSP: your research question, product, impact to field/world/etc
- A list highlighting your most notable accomplishments (these could be in school or out)
- Remind me on a weekly basis until recommendation is complete.