Resumes are another tool to help tell your story- and the focus should not only be on contect but also the formatting.
For assistance with building your resume from scratch (or anyone wishing to strengthen your resume), below is the information for the Houston Public Library Resources and how to log in. LOTS OF STEPS but IT IS WORTH IT :)
- Log into the HUB.
- Click on the "Digital Resources" tab at the top of the page.
- Click on the HPL Learning Link logo (you can also enter it into the search at the top of the page)
- On the page “Learning Link- Resources for students” scroll to the bottom of the page
- Click ‘our databases page’
- click the letter L
- Select Learning Express Library
- Enter your user name and pin in the following format:
USER NAME: First initial of last name (capitalized) + student ID number
PIN: MMDD (date of birth)
EXAMPLE: For Jane Thomas with student id 123456 and birth date of 12/01/2001
User name: T123456
Once you get there, follow these steps
Click here for a brief PDF describing the various sections of a traditional/general resume.Click here for an article on how to incorporate soft skills into your resume.
- Click FIND IT
- Click ONLINE LEARNING
- Click LEARNING EXPRESS LIBRARY
- Search for Resumes
- Click on GREAT RESUME tutorial