Westside Dress Code (2020-21)
Due to these unprecedented times, HISD has suspended the uniform policy for the 2020-21 school year. However, a formal Westside dress code is still being put into action. This code establishes the minimum standard of dress. In order to maintain the proper student attire and educational spirit, students must show proper attention to personal cleanliness, health, safety, neatness of appearance, and suitability of clothing for school activities. Clothing may not be inappropriately revealing or excessively tight, or excessively baggy. Students must dress in a presentable manner that is not distracting or disruptive to their classmates or to their instructors.
Plain t-shirts, polo shirts, button up shirts, hoodies, sweaters, cardigans, sweatshirts or jackets. If a design is present, it must come from the approved list (see below), sport jerseys with sleeves, blouses.
Any clothing with non-approved designs (see below), sleeveless shirts and tops, off the shoulder tops, exposed back tops, sleeveless jerseys without a sleeved shirt underneath, anything displaying vulgar and obscene connotations, pajama tops, low cut or reveling tops.
Pants, slacks, jeans, shorts, skorts, skirts, athletic shorts and pants, sweatpants.
Bottoms with holes above the knee, excessively short dresses /skirts/ skorts/ shorts, yoga pants, leggings, swim trunks, pajama bottoms.
Closed toe shoes, sandals, slides.
Non-prescriptive sunglasses (worn inside), hats, beanies, hair bonnets, long chains, durags, blankets, onesie pajamas, costumes, slippers (house shoes).
Your school ID must be worn at all times!
- Clothing (including masks) with graphic designs or logos from the following categories will be allowed:
- Universities / Colleges
- Sport Teams
- Westside High School
- Free from vulgar, obscene, profane, or suggestive depictions/connotations
- Free from the advertisement of alcohol, tobacco, or drug use
- Free from referencing or associating with gang activity
- The length of all shorts, skorts, skirts and dresses must be approaching the knee.
- All pants and shorts must be worn at the waist. Clothing must be size appropriate.
- All clothing must cover the entire stomach area when standing, walking, or sitting.
- See through clothing and clothing designed to be worn as an undergarment are not permitted.
- Accessories/clothing which constitutes a safety hazard is unacceptable.
- Head coverings may be worn for religious purposes.