IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING
THE STAAR WRITING TEST FOR GROUP 1
Tuesday April 6, 2021Due to the state-wide technical issues with the STAAR test, we were not able to complete STAAR testing today. Today's testing will resume tomorrow.
EOY testing will take place as planned on Thursday and Friday.
- 7th Grade students in Group 1 who were scheduled to take the online test today, will come back tomorrow to test.
- All 6th/8th grade students and 7th Grade students in Group 2, will stay home tomorrow and receive live virtual lessons following our virtual schedule.
7th Grade STAAR Writing Dates and Plan
All students, all grade levels, please read this important post and share with your parents about STAAR Writing for 7th Grade students. Although only 7th graders take the STAAR Writing Test, 6th and 8th grade will also need to know this information because it will change our regular school days.
We will have two testing days, one day for Group 1 and one day for Group 2.
TUESDAY, APRIL 6th: STAAR WRITING GROUP 1
- All 7th grade students in Group 1 will report to Burbank to take the 7th Grade STAAR Writing Test. Teachers and staff will inform you if you are in Group 1.
- All 6th/8th grade students and 7th Grade students in Group 2 will stay home on April 6th. Students log onto TEAMS, and receive live virtual lessons following our regular bell schedule.
TUESDAY, APRIL 13th: STAAR WRITING GROUP 2
- All 7th grade students in Group 2 will come to Burbank to take the STAAR Writing Test. Teachers and staff will inform you if you are in Group 2.
- All 6th/8th grade students and 7th Grade students in Group 1 will stay home on April 13th. Students must log onto TEAMS, and receive live virtual lessons following our regular bell schedule.
OTHER IMPORTANT FACTS
- The STAAR Test cannot be taken at home. It is a State Test.
- Virtual students in 7th grade will need to come to Burbank prior to testing to update their devices if they haven't done so already.
- CDC recommended COVID-19 protocols will be in effect including temperature checks, spacing, mask, and sanitation will take place.
- If you have any questions, please contact the school 713-696-2720.
Principal, Luther Burbank Middle School