PLEASE GO TO THE HUB FOR YOUR ONLINE ASSIGNMENTS
Sharpstown International School
8330 Triola Lane
Houston, Texas 77036
Spanish for Native Speakers Teacher Mr. J. Mendoza.
To provide my students with quality Spanish Language teaching while exploring other Hispanic cultures in a positive and enriching environment.
Course and contact information
Class: Spanish for Native Speakers
Textbook: Sendas Literarias/ Abriendo Paso/ Manual de Gramatica para Hispanohablantes.
Tutorial Time: Monday/Wednesday 3:30 pm-4:30 pm.
This course is designed for students who are fluent in the target language. Through the study of the textbook, classroom activities, assignments, projects and cultural events, students will improve their Spanish and expand Knowledge in Hispanic cultures. Furthermore students will be required to interact with native Spanish speakers through different projects.
This year our main focus is “COLLEGE READY”, we will be practicing on several AP exam samples to prepare students for the AP exam.
Students will expand abilities as writing, reading, listening and speaking upon completion of this course.
1. Each student is required to maintain two composition notebooks.
The notebooks will contain important information, such as objectives, vocabulary lists, grammar exercises, warm up activities & exit tickets.
2. Students will be graded on their daily participation, oral as well as written. Some of the activities will be in a group as well as pair and individual work. *Student must bring text book, pen, pencil, notebook, color pencils or crayons to class & must bring planner (agenda) everyday.
3. Grade scale is as follows: a) Major Work 30 % b) Class work 60% and c) Homework 10%. There is a penalty of 20 points for each late assignment, except for legitimate reasons.
5. If you are absent you must make up missed work or you will be required to stay Friday from 3:15pm-4:30pm to complete it.
6. Absolutely No cell phones, headphone sets (IPods) and any other electronic devices in the classroom. No eating, drinking or chewing gum. Any items that may cause distractions will be confiscated by the teacher or school administration.
7. Abide by all the rules set in the HISD student code of conduct, SIS Handbook, and follow SIS dress code at all times.
B. PARENT- PHONE CALL
C. WILL SEND TO: PRINCIPAL/DEAN OF STUDENTS &
D. CONFERENCE WITH PARENT/GUARDIAN
Three week progress report will be given. The date is on the HISD school calendar. Report cards will be given every six weeks also. Parents are welcome to come and check on their child, during
Teacher’s conference period. Or can make an appointment by calling 713-778 3440. Please note that the teacher can be reach via e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Please visit my website: http:// ihsspanish.shutterfly.com for more information.
I have read and understand all the above classroom rules and I will follow them.
Student’s Print Name:_____________________________________Date:__________________
Student’s Signature: ____________________________________________
Parent/Guardian’s Print Name:___________________________ Date:______________
Parent/ Guardian’s Signature: ___________________________
Father’s cell Telephone #___________________________
Mother’s cell Telephone #__________________________
Student’s cell Telephone #__________________________
***THIS SIGNATURE PAGE IS DUE AT THE END OF THE FIRST WEEK OF SCHOOL***