The HISD Translation Services Department provides translation services in Arabic, Spanish, and Vietnamese to help district campuses and departments support the languages most commonly spoken by students attending HISD schools and their families.
Please note that translation involves written communication.
Translation Services may also provide interpretation services in Arabic, Spanish, and Vietnamese for certain district presentations, contingent on staff and equipment availability.
Interpretation involves spoken communication.
For languages other than Arabic, Spanish, and Vietnamese, or to meet translation and interpretation needs that exceed the district’s in-house capacity, HISD works with external translation and interpretation services and equipment providers that may be contacted directly by campuses and administration departments to secure the necessary resources.
To request assistance with your language needs please contact the following departments:
- Translation Services (written translations): email@example.com
- Special Education (Interpretation & translation for Special Needs Students (i.e. ARD meetings): (713) 556-7025
- Multilingual Programs ( Interpretation for immigrant, migrant, refugee, and newcomers): (713) 556-6961
Our department translates:
- School and district forms that parents need to complete, read, and respond to
- Important school and district letters, newsletters,
- School and district parent and student handbooks
- Any other type of documents that district or school personnel consider essential and vital for parents
Helpful information when requesting a translation:
Please keep in mind that the Translation Department receives translations requests on an ongoing basis from multiple sources. Certain requests are of an urgent nature, others are prioritized based on content and need and are placed on the Department’s job queue. We strive to meet everyone’s needs to our greatest ability.
- Documents provided should be only final documents, we do not translate drafts. Time constraints do not allow for ongoing revisions and/or multiple updates of a document that is being translated.
- Documents provided should be in Microsoft Word; other types of files may not be accepted or result in delays.
- When submitting a revised document, that has previously been translated, please provide a record of the revisions. If the revisions were not made using the tracked changes feature, a list of the edits should be included with the request. However, the only way to ensure that every single change made to the document will be communicated, is to enable the track changes feature before starting to edit.
- Please note that we do not translate copyrighted materials unless the proper permissions have been obtained.
- Please note that we do not translate third party documents
Houston Independent School District
4400 West 18th St., Level 1 EHouston, TX 77092
Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgLiliana McKeanManagerlmckean@houstonisd.orgFor HISD administrators or staff—please click on one of the links below to request translation services by e-mail: