HISD is the largest school district in Texas and it has a diverse multicultural population speaking many languages. The Translation Services Department provides written translations services in Arabic, Spanish, and Vietnamese to help support the languages most commonly spoken by students attending HISD schools and their families. Translation Services accommodates other foreign languages on an as-needed basis through agencies.
- Translation Services (written translations): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Special Education (Interpretation & translation for Special Needs Students (i.e. ARD meetings): (713) 556-7025
- Multilingual Programs ( Interpretation for immigrant, migrant, refugee, and newcomers): (713) 556-6961
- School and district forms that parents need to complete, read, and respond to
- Important school and district letters, newsletters,
- School and district handbooks for parents
- Any other type of documents that district or school personnel consider essential and vital for parents
- Documents provided should be only final documents, we do not translate drafts.
- Documents provided should be in Microsoft Word; other types of files may not be accepted or result in delays.
- When submitting a revised document, that has previously been translated, please provide a record of the revisions (i.e. electronic file showing tracked changes, a list of the edits, etc.).
- Please note that we do not translate copyrighted materials unless the proper permissions have been obtained.
- Please note that we do not translate third party documents
Houston Independent School District4400 West 18th St., Level 1 EHouston, TX 77092
Email: email@example.comLiliana McKeanPhone: 713-556-6063ManagerFor HISD administrators or staff—please click on one of the links below to request translation services by e-mail: