2019-2020 ROE Arrival and Dismissal Procedures
Morning Arrival Procedures
School starts at 7:30 a.m.
Tardy bell rings at 7:30 a.m.Carpool Drop-Off
- Carpool opens at 7:00 a.m.
- Carpool line enters only heading East on San Felipe.
- Carpoolers are encouraged to arrive prior to 7:05 a.m.
* Parents may park on the area streets to escort children into the front of the building.
* Parents with walkers enter and exit at the front entrance only. All parents should stop by the front office, and pick up a visitor’s badge.Visitors should wear a badge at all times.
Afternoon Dismissal Procedures
2:50 p.m. Dismissal- M-F
- ROE Carpool signs MUST be displayed in vehicle windows.
- The carpool line enters only heading East on San Felipe.
*Parents may park on the area streets and walk to designated area for student pickup.
* Meet your child at the designated exit location.
- AVOID cutting across Bellmeade or enter West on San Felipe into the carpool line.
- AVOID blocking driveways/traffic, using residential driveways or making u-turns.
- AVOID stopping in the street and calling children to your vehicle.
- Front Circle Drive is for Buses Only
- AVOID being towed. Adhere to all City of Houston Parking Signage.
School Colors, Mascot, and MottoSchool Colors: Green and WhiteMascot: RoadrunnerMotto: “Where Discovery is Elementary”
CommunicationsThe ROE News is communicated through Constant Contact and is electronically sent by email every week, unless it is a holiday. This is the main method of keeping parents informed and is critical for consistent information. If you are not receiving an electronic copy of the ROE News, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. A paper copy is always available at the front office for your convenience.
To submit school related information for publication, you can email it to email@example.com for approval. The deadline is 4 PM each Friday for inclusion in the upcoming week's newsletter.
Tuesday Folders: This folder is the primary source of communication between school, teacher and parent. Always thoroughly review the contents of this folder.
Emails: Classroom teachers, faculty and staff can all be reached by email. To find a complete listing of email addresses please see “Faculty and Staff” at https://www.houstonisd.org/domain/15443. Allow at least 24 hours for a response as teachers are not checking emails during instructional time.
School Directory: The printed and online directories contain parent contact details as a convenience to other parents. This information is provided for your personal use. No commercial or solicitation use of any kind is approved or permitted. This information may not be published in any format or distributed to anyone.
Other Communications: Any communications for ROE staff can be left with the front office staff to be placed in the appropriate mail box.Room Parents: Room Parents are the liaison between teachers and their class parents. If you send an email to more than one recipient at a time, use yourself as the sole To address and place all other recipients in the BCC (Blind Carbon Copy) field. Use of the BCC field hides the list of recipients and precludes harvesting email addresses from the email.
AbsencesPlease email firstname.lastname@example.org to notify the front office of your child's absence.
Parking space is a scarce resource around ROE. Parking is permitted in the circle drive in front of the school and along Avalon Place except during arrival and dismissal. Obey all NO PARKING signs/times posted. Parking on Avalon Place is restricted (read signs carefully). The parking lot behind the school is reserved for ROE staff and after-school program staff. There are a few parking spots along the back fence near the playground that visitors may use. These parking spots are marked for Visitors.
There is a work area available for volunteers at the rear of the cafeteria. Training is offered to work the designated copy machines. The teachers’ lounge is reserved for ROE staff only. Please note that there are designated bathrooms for adults – locations of these bathrooms are indicated on maps posted in each office area.
Office phones are available for school-related business.
A copy machine is available in the volunteer and school work areas for PTO or other school business. When large amounts of copying are required, plan ahead to ensure that a copy machine is available. Contacting the office in writing is helpful. Follow school guidelines for copying. If at all possible, please use electronic communications and help us save trees.
- 7:30 a.m. - 2:50 p.m. – M-F
- 7:00 a.m. - 3:40 p.m. – Office hours on school days.
- 7:20 a.m. – Students go to lockers. Locker areas are off limits to parents and students before the first bell.
- 7:30 a.m. (tardy bell) – When a child arrives late, it disrupts the classroom. Tardies and absences are recorded on the student’s permanent record.
- Attendance is taken every day at 9:30 a.m.
During school hours, the side gates will be locked for security reasons. All visitors are requested to enter the school through the front door and sign in at the office.
We welcome visitors to our school. All visitors need to sign in at the school office and wear a name tag (provided when you sign in) during his/her entire visit. This will assist us with our security at the school. We request that all adult visitors use only designated bathrooms, which are indicated on maps posted next to bathroom doors.