Middle School VanguardT. H. Rogers has about 471 Vanguard students in 6th - 8th Grade.
Classes are on a modified block schedule:
- The 6th Grade cluster includes: 5 core teachers and approximately 150 students.
- The 7th Grade cluster includes: 4 core teachers, a Foreign Language Teacher, and approximately 150 students.
- The 8th Grade cluster includes: 4 core teachers, a Foreign Language Teacher, and approximately 150 students.
To give students opportunity to practice skills they have learned in class, Study Island is available for tutorial support.Vanguard Middle School students have the opportunity to earn high school credit for: Algebra, IPC, Art, and Foreign Language while at T. H. Rogers.In addition to Vanguard students, T. H. Rogers also houses the Houston Day School for the Deaf, as well as a Multiple Impaired program for students with severe disabilities. Vanguard Middle School students have opportunities for inclusion activities and classroom lessons with other student populations on campus, when possible. We believe interaction and integration among our student populations provide unique character building opportunities for our students, hence our motto: "Where Academics and Character Matter!"
- On Mondays, students see all 8 classes for a 53 minute class period
- "A" day classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- "B" day classes on Wednesdays and Fridays.
- Students have a total of 8 classes; four classes on "A" days, the remaining four on "B" days.
- Classes are 85 minutes long.
- All core classes (English, history, math, and science) are taught at the Pre-Advanced Placement level.
- On "A" days, students participate in a 45 minute research class.
- On "B" days, students have a 45 minute Study Hall class.