The mission of the Virtual School Department is to provide flexible learning opportunities anytime, anywhere, and for any student.
The Houston Independent School District has created several Virtual Learning Options to help students in grades 7 - 12 succeed with online courses. These programs are monitored by the Houston ISD Virtual School Department, which was established in April 2000, and currently serves two essential functions in the district:
- Providing high quality on-line instructional courses to students within HISD and across the globe
- Assisting in the coordination, implementation, and oversight of online programs throughout the district such as:
- High School Graduation Labs
- Middle School Online Learning Options
- Independent Learning Options for In-district Students
- Texas Virtual School Network (TxVSN)
- Virtual School Tuition Program for out-of-district students
- Adult Online Courses for High School Completion
Our department has reached enrollment capacity and Summer Registration is now closed. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Please note that starting June 5, Houston ISD will begin a 4-day work week, and the office will be closed on Fridays. We will return to our normal business hours on Monday, July 31, 2023.
Office Closures : Fridays: June 9, June 16, June 23, June 30, July 7, July 14, July 21, July 28 | Holidays: June 19, July 4
2023-2024 Enrollment: Registration for the 2023-2024 school year will begin on July 31, 2023. | Classes will begin on August 14, 2023
Try our New Full Online Enrollment
Step One - Get Approval
Step Two - Pay for Courses
Step Three - Submit Enrollment Form and Proof of Payment
**We reserve the right to deny enrollment in a course through the Virtual School Department Tuition Based Program.**