Texas Association of Future Educators
Mission Statement: T.A.F.E. encourages students to learn about careers in education and assists them in exploring the teaching profession while promoting character, service and leadership skills necessary for becoming effective educators.
Purpose of T.A.F.E.: For future educators:
- To learn about the teaching profession, its opportunities, responsibilities, and its important role in our democracy.
- To explore personal interests and abilities in relation to the various fields of teaching.
- To cultivate the qualities of personality, character, and leadership which are essential in good teachers.
- To learn how and where teachers receive their training, the cost, scholarships available, number of years required, certification requirements, and standards.
- To study the lives and influence of great teachers.
Motto: "Teachers-The Hope for Tomorrow"
Membership: Membership is open to any MS or HS student who is interested in exploring teaching as a career, and who has the high qualities of character, service, scholarship, and leadership that are essential to becoming a good teacher.