ROE Internet Safety Pledge
1. I will not give my name, address, telephone number, school, or my teachers’/parents’ names, addresses, or telephone numbers to anyone I meet on the Internet.
2. I will not give out my email password to anyone (even my best friends) other than my teachers/parents.
3. I will not send a picture of others or myself over the Internet without my teachers’/parents’ permission.
4. I will not fill out any form or request online that asks me for any information about my school, my family, or myself without first asking for permission from my teachers/parents.
5. I will tell my teachers/parents if I see any bad language or pictures on the Internet, or if anyone makes me feel nervous or uncomfortable online.
6. I will never agree to get together with someone I “meet” online without first checking with my parents. If my parents agree to the meeting, I will be sure that it is in a public place and that I am accompanied by an adult at all times.
7. I will not use any articles, stories, or other works I find online and pretend it is my own.
8. I will not use bad language online.
9. I will practice safe computing, and check for viruses whenever I share files, download something from the Internet, or receive an attachment.
10. I will use privacy settings on social networking sites.
11. I will be a good online citizen and not participate in any activity that hurts others or is against the law or my school’s policy.
I want to use the computer and the Internet. I understand that there are certain essential agreements about what I should do online. I pledge to follow these essential agreements.