Marshall Middle Academy of Fine Arts Application Process
For prospective Marshall students and parents, please see important information below in regards to our application process.
- Students currently in 5th, 6th, or 7th grade may apply for our magnet program for the 2018-2019 school year beginning on September 28, 2018.
- You will need to create an account and complete your application in the Smart Choice system. This can be done here. Make sure all information you enter is accurate!
- The student's grade must be a 70 or higher and their conduct must be an "S" or higher.
- Our program requires an audition as part of the application process. You can schedule the day and time of your audition through the Smart Choice system. Please visit the auditions page here for detailed information.
- Phase 1 for magnet applications is open from September 28th through December 7th. It is best to submit your application within this time frame and as early as possible.
- Ms. Akhtar will be visiting Elementary Schools to give out magnet information. Check with your school to see if they will be hosting a magnet event!
High School Application Process
For 8th graders at Marshall that are interested in attending a magnet high school for the 2019-2020 school year, please see the important information below.
- All sorts of magnet programs are offered to high school students, from STEM to Fine Arts, to International Studies and more! Click here to view all magnet high school programs.
- Once you have chosen some schools you are interested in, sign up here to start the application process.
- Phase 1 for magnet applications is open from September 28th through December 7th. It is best to submit your application within this time frame.
- Be sure to check with each school you are interested in for any specific application requirements.
- High school magnet coordinators will visit the Marshall campus on November 5th to give you more information about their specific programs. You don't want to miss it!