Admission to Durham Elementary School – Kinder – Fifth Grade
Interested students may be admitted to grades kindergarten through grade 5 in two ways.
· Live in the Durham Elementary School attendance zone that is determined by the Houston Independent School District. A search tool will determine your school assignment for elementary, middle and high school.
· Be accepted on an approved magnet school transfer during the transfer period. Applications for the 2015-2016 school year will be accepted between November 1, 2014 through December 19, 2014
for round one admission. If space is still available, slots will be filled after June 8, 2015 with round two applications received after December 19, 2014. The number of students accepted each year is based upon space availability at each grade level.
Admission for Pre-kindergarten Classes
Title I Pre-kindergarten Program - Eligible students may be served at any Title I campus in the district based on space availability.
Tuition Pre-Kindergarten Program - Admission as a tuition pre-kindergarten student is based upon space availability. Applications (Link for Pre-K Application) will be accepted from April 14, 2015 through May 30 2015. Because space is extremely limited, students zoned to Durham and siblings of students currently enrolled will receive priority acceptance.Magnet school transfers are not available for admission to the pre-kindergarten program.
Students that meet the admission requirements listed above may register during regular school hours.
Registration appointments for the 2015-2016 school year will take place between April 8, 2015 - June 26, 2015
Informational Parent Meetings and Early Registration for the 2015-2016
Informational Parent Meetings will be held on the dates listed below. Early registration will be available after the meeting.
· Tuesday, March 31st at 6:00 p.m. for parents of current Kinder students and prospective 1st graders.
· Thursday, April 2nd at 8:30 a.m. for parents of current Pre-K students and prospective Kinder students.
· Tuesday, April 14th at 8:30 a.m. for parents of prospective Pre-K students.