A Parent's Guide To Resources
Together - we WILL get through this.
· Please visit the Houston Food Bank for their resources, they have an interactive map to locate the nearest pantry to you!
· Check our your school district for food updates. HISD has a blog with dates and times for food drives.
· Catholic Charities – 713-227-9981, 326 S. Gessner Dr.
· Their Food pantry is open Tue-Thurs 9 am, need photo ID and proof of address
· Northwest Assistance Ministries – 15555 Kuykendahl Rd
· Accepting walk-ins for food.
· West Houston Assistance Ministries – 713-795-2880
· Food pantry, 10 am – 2 pm M-F, Sat 10 am – 1 pm. Need a recent check stub for Saturday. Check their website for their regulations.
· HOURS: 7 AM - 10 PM EST
· By phone: call and speak with a representative who will find food resources near your location
· By text: text "97779" to the automated service with a question that may contain a keyword such as "food", "summer", "meals", etc. to receive an automated response to resources located near an address and/or zip code.
· Find a site near you
· Meals for kids
· Emergency formula for babies between 0-12 months
· West Houston Assistance Ministries – 713-977-9942
· Still accepting financial appointments, check out their website for their regulations
· Baker Ripley energy assistance – 713-590-2327
· Call hotline 2-1-1 for an application
· Basic Services and programs at both Men’s Development Center and Women and Family Development Center are continuing but are at full capacity. No volunteers. Women and family full capacity – men has few openings.
· Texas Apartment Association
· Call hotline 2-1-1 for available resources in your area.
MENTAL HEALTH & WELLNESS
· Professionals in the social-emotional support team.
· Free counseling to youth/families over phone/Zoom.
· Information and Resources from Mental Healthy America
· Parent Guide to Resilience from Why Try
· A guide on how to spend quality time together and collectively improve family resilience.
· How-To Articles
· Deal with the Coronavirus Outbreak: Your Most Common Questions Answered
· Find a community health center near you
· Additional Resources For Families
· Talking to Children About COVID-19 (Coronavirus): A Parent Resource
· “Local Bus service will run on the Saturday schedule some of our heavier routes will add buses - to honor the social distancing request. We ask patrons board and exit from the rear door. People with disabilities can board from the front door.
· Park & Ride will run on reduced service. EXCEPT those routes that run (292, 297 and 298) to the Texas Medical Center, Additionally, shuttles will be running in the Medical Center to reduce crowding on METRORail in the area.
· Fares are suspended until further notice for our Local Bus, Park & Ride, METRORail, and METROLift.
· Our Online RideStore and our physical RideStore are closed until further notice.”
· Check out our social media pages for daily activities, recipes and other fun home activities.