We know this is a very hard time being away from our school and dealing with the Coronavirus. If you need to get in touch with any of the counseling staff please email, call or text us. All of our contact information is below. We are all still here for you and your families. We can provide emotional support, counseling, and referrals for resources! We miss you and we can’t wait to reunite back at Sharpstown International as soon as it’s safe for us all to go back to our 2nd home.
Ms. Amy Gaudet, LMSW-IPR
Sharpstown International School Social Worker & 504 Coordinator
Kathy McBride, LCSW
Memorial Hermann Social Worker
- SNAP will provide food but not to undocumented families or families that already receive food benefits from another program
- 50 community centers in Houston are open and providing curbside meals to youth 1-18. https://www.houstontx.gov/parks/
- Interfaith Ministries is providing food https://www.baylor.edu/hungerandpoverty/
- Childcare for essential workers
- Launched on Monday- https://findchildcare.collabforchildren.org/
- For ages 1-12
- They select a center and enroll and may be able to apply for some financial resources
- Digital Learning
- Xfinity is providing 2 months free internet for those that qualify https://internetessentials.com/
- Free computers https://www.compudopt.org/
- Resource page for Houston www.houstontx.gov/education/.
- If showing Coronavirus symptoms call: 832-393-4220 (9AM to 7 PM), Legacy 832-548-5000 if you do not have a health provider.
- Harris County Covid 19 Mental Health Line (24 hours) 833-251-7544
First of all I want to say that I am incredibly excited to be a part of the school family here at Sharpstown International. I have spent 18 years of my career working in schools and hospitals all over Houston with Communities In Schools, KIPP, and Texas Children’s Hospital. I am a world traveler, so being at a school that teaches kids to expand their horizons past Houston, past Texas and past the United States is a perfect fit. Being a School Social Worker is what I was meant to do in life, so I am honored to be able to provide mental health support for our students. On my page I have included our Parental Consent for counseling form along with Emergency Mental Health referrals. If you want me to set up counseling appointments with your child please set up a meeting with your child’s grade level dean, and I and sign the consent. If your child requires emergency mental health services please call 911 or take them to one of the agencies listed on the referral link.
My hobbies include yoga, dancing, music/concerts, reading, meditation, traveling, being happy, having fun, and spending time with my family, friends and pets. My family is all from Louisiana so I am a proud Cajun. I have a Master’s Degree from the University of Texas at Austin so I am also a proud Longhorn! Thank you for letting me serve this campus, I am excited and happy to be here!
You can reach me at Amy.Gaudet@houstonisd.org