Dependent Verification FAQ's
For a child, one of these documents verifies eligibility:
• Adoption certificate
• Adoption placement agreement
• Birth certificate with parent’s name listed
• Documentation of legal custody
• Documentation of legal guardianship
• Hospital birth record (within 90 days of birth)
• Qualified medical child support order
For a spouse, one of these documents verifies eligibility:
• Declaration of informal marriage
• Marriage license or certificate
If your dependent is a stepchild, you must also provide a copy of a marriage certificate to substantiate the child’s relationship to the employee or spouse.
Dependent verification is a way of showing proof that any dependent you would like to enroll for benefits coverage meets our plan guidelines for eligibility. It's a very simple, very important process. You only need to do it once, unless you drop a dependent and try to add that dependent back later.