WE ARE STILL COLLECTING FIELD TRIP FORMS. PLEASE SEND SCHOLARS WITH SIGNED FORMS AND FEE.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR 4 MORE CHAPERONES. PLEASE EMAIL MRS. SANDERS IF YOU CAN JOIN US!
HOPE YOU ENJOYED THE BREAK!!!
7A TEACHERS REQUEST THE FOLLOWING UPON YOUR RETURN.
1. BE ON TIME FOR CLASS.
2. BE PREPARED FOR EACH CLASS.
3. BE IN P.O.M.S. DRESSCODE.
SCHOLARS WILL BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR FOLLOWING THE GUIDELINES.
- Honor Roll Party will take place during Team Time on 1/30/19 in the House A Commons from 10:05-10:30
(We need a parent volunteer to pick up the Chick Fil A Trays at the S. Rice location and be here by 10:05.) Please email Mr. Meyer for further infomation BEFORE 1/30.
- NO CHARGER DAY THIS WEEK, IT WILL CARRY ON AS A REGULAR BLUE DAY
- PLEASE CHECK PARENT/STUDENT CONNECT ON A REGULAR BASIS. It is important to stay aware of assignments missing, grades, and incomplete work.
- ENCOURAGE THE SCHOLAR TO ATTEND TUTORIALS AND ASK QUESTIONS IF THEY DON'T UNDERSTAND THE CONTENT PRESENTED.
- PLEASE ALLOW TEACHERS A 24-48 HOUR RESPONSE TIME TO YOUR CALLS OR EMAILS.
Please be prepared to be successful this year. Remember to bring your required supplies to each class. We are all prepared to hit the ground running when you return 1/7/19!
Parents/scholars please double check your syllabus for required materials to be effective this semester!
The 7A Teachers believe in creating opportunities for each scholar to be successful. Please discuss with your scholar the following ideas that will be beneficial in meeting their desired academic goals.
- Attend Tutorials frequently and before assessments
- Complete all HW everyday
- Have all materials ready to begin class on time
- Complete all CW on time
- Pay attention and actively listen
- Ask questions in class to seek clarification
- Actively engage in the lesson
- Follow written and oral directions
- Copy all information and show all work as directed
- Seek accuracy on all assignments
- Seek help from peers, parents, friends,teacher
- Maintain an organized binder/notebook with all materials, assignments, resources, notes, etc.
- Accurately copy all assignments and check assignment book/agenda each night
- Make-up all work on time
- Use all classroom resources.
- Prepare for and participate in “Retake Quiz” and "Retest"
The end of the 2nd 6 week grading period was Friday November 9th.
It is important that you stay abreast with grades of the scholar. We suggest that you sign up for Parent Connect to monitor the scholars grades.
This grading period, we had an increase in missing/late work. We expect all scholars to be mindful and responsible for turning in work in a timely manner. Help us help them set a goal of turning in their best work on time.
We are here to support our scholars and encourage success.
7A Cluster Teachers
THIS FRIDAY!!! NOVEMBER 9TH PLEASE MAKE SURE ALL MISSING ASSIGNMENTS ARE IN BY FRIDAY.
This Wednesday, the 8th graders will be taking the PSAT from 8:30am-1:30pm. Students will need to take everything with them for their 1st and 3rd period classes at 8:30am on Wednesday. Please be prepared!!!
Scholars will stay in Clusters for this exciting day! Scholars will be in a desiginated "Color Run" team time class. After the Color Run, they will switch teachers in the 7A cluster.
Remember that the Early Dismissal time is 12:30.
This following information can be found on the 7A Cluster Policies and Procedures. Please make sure your information is updated.
PS Connect, aka GRADESPEED
The online grading system is an extremely useful tool for both parents and students to be able to keep up with assignments and grades. We require all students to have a PS Connect account, and we encourage all parents to have one as well. If you do not have internet access, you may use the school or public library to set up an email account and check PS Connect. Every week we will be emailing students and parents, via PS Connect, with each student’s current grade. Our goal is to have grades entered within one week of collecting the assignments.
This week is the LAST WEEK OF THE 1ST 6 WEEK GRADING CYCLE. ALL WORK MUST BE COMPLETED AND SUBMITTED BY 3:50 ON FRIDAY 10/5/2018 NO EXCEPTIONS!
If you would like to be notified of updates when they are posted, please hit the RSS subscribe button at the bottom of our cluster and individual blog pages.
FRIDAY IS A FUNKY BLUE DAY!!
On Wed. 9/12/18, we will be having a book talk during Team time. Please bring your Summer Reading book Posted or Refugee. We will have dialogue!