Christina Briscoe, Art Instructor
Art classes expand on the students foundation in understanding and skills in the visual arts in an exploratory manner consistent with the middle school philosophy. Through the Middle School Visual Arts Curriculum, students:
- Develop increasingly sophisticated creative strategies, skills, and habits of mind through artistic practices.
- Apply design literacy to a wide variety of traditional and new media.
- Acquire increasing complex procedural knowledge, skill and craftsmanship in art making while exploring an expanded range of media.
- Develop more sophisticated aesthetic judgment that supports the making and understanding of rich meaning in art.
- Explore a wide range of notions about the meaning and purpose of visual art.
- Form a broader knowledge and understanding of our rich and diverse historical and cultural heritage through art.