In the AVID class, you will:
- learn WICOR strategies to use in ALL of your classes.
- keep up with your grades through weekly grade checks.
- reflect on your learning using learning logs.
- collaborate with your classmates to review notes, study for exams, and expand your learning.
- have an opportunity to organize using your calendars.
The AVID College Readiness System
A schoolwide transformational effort focused on instruction, systems, leadership, and culture.
Designed to increase the number of students who enroll and succeed in higher education and in their lives beyond high school.
The AVID College Readiness System is a catalyst for developing a school culture that closes the expectation and opportunity gaps many students face and prepares all students for success in a global society.
Writing to Learn
- Focused Note-Taking
- Learning Logs
- Interactive Notebooks
- Levels of Questioning
- Philosophical Chairs
- Socratic Seminar
- Collaborative Study Groups
- Goal setting
- Graphic Organizers
- Time Management Tools
Reading to Learn
- Critical Reading Process
- Vocabulary strategies