Hello Razorbacks,At Hogg, we will follow all safety guidelines outlined in HISD’s Reopening Plan and Communicable Disease Plan. Both documents can be found on the district’s website at https://www.houstonisd.org/reopening.Some important information included in the reopening plan is:
6th grade: 3307th grade: 3758th grade: 337With these safety guidelines in place we can safely hold 33% of each grade level.
- All employees, students, and visitors will undergo daily screenings before entering the building.
- Visitation will be limited to essential visitors who have previously scheduled appointments.
- The school will establish staggered, no contact pick-up and drop-off times.
- All employees, students, and visitors will be required to wear a mask over their nose and mouth.
- Masks will be provided to all employees, students, and visitors who need one.
- Physical distance, 6 feet apart, will be required in all areas.
- Classrooms have been reconfigured. Most classrooms safely accommodate 7-12 students.
- Physical distancing signage and floor markers have been installed throughout the school.
- Extra cleaning and sanitizing will take place every hour.
- Sharing materials, supplies, and equipment will be prohibited.
- Should a student or employee become ill while on campus, we will follow the protocols outlined in the Health and Medical Services Procedural Guidelines for Exposure, Suspected, or Confirmed Positive COVID-19 Students, Employees, and Visitors (p16 of Reopening Plan)
- Nutrition Services will provide individually wrapped breakfast and lunch in the classroom.
- Total Population: 1042
If our numbers are higher than what we can safely accommodate, a hybrid rotation schedule which may include both face-to-face and virtual instruction will need to be put in place. Our goal is for all students to continue with their same schedule and teachers, regardless of your choice, but that is not guaranteed. Another factor that is unknown at this time is how many of our teachers will return for face-to-face instruction and how many will remain virtual. All teachers can apply to continue to teach virtually for the next 6 weeks.We will continue to provide you with updated information as it becomes available to us. We appreciate your patience during this transition.Please be sure to submit your HISD Survey and Hogg forms in PowerSchool.Note: Parent Survey regarding virtual/in-person school will not be present in PowerSchool until September 21st and must be completed by September 25th.Click here or button below to go directly to PowerSchool Sign-in. Watch the 2-minute video below to see how to access and submit the forms.Sincerely,Vanessa Saldana
- 6th grade @ 33%: 110
- 7th grade @ 33%: 124
- 8th grade @ 33%: 111
Hogg administrators and teachers are working hard to bring our Hogg families learning opportunities that have value.
Have students log into the HUB and check for assignments posted by their Hogg teachers. Hogg understands that families are sharing devices and internet, therefore all lessons will be recorded. Students will be given assignments and due dates allowing for flexibility and time to complete those assignments. For attendance purposes, it is important to login daily and complete daily work on the day assigned. For grading purposes, it is important to complete assignments. Click here for more information on attendance and grading.
See Virtual Learning Information Below but also visit......
For videos on How to Do Everything (HUB, TEAMS, Ontrack, Email) with voice overs from Hogg students - Click here!